Dairy Calf and Heifer Association
Higher Education Scholarship
The 2013 scholarship deadline has passed. Please check back for 2014 information.
Instructions and Information
Each year the Dairy Calf & Heifer Association (DCHA) offers a scholarship for $1000. This scholarship is awarded to a student currently enrolled in agriculture or a related field at an accredited College or University. Applicants must have completed at least one year of post-high school education. A person may receive the scholarship only once, and must meet the following requirements for consideration. [ Click Here to Apply Now ]
Be a member of DCHA, or the son, daughter or legal dependent of a DCHA member
Have completed at least one year of post-high school education
Be attending an accredited college/university
Be enrolled in a field of agriculture (e.g., food science, horticulture, animal/veterinary science, agricultural technical course, etc.) or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture
Applicants must submit the following with their DCHA Scholarship Application Cover Sheet:
- Complete collegiate transcript (including term just completed)
- Two letters of recommendation (one from college/university faculty member)
- A 400-word typed essay underscoring career goals, future involvement in agriculture, and the importance of agriculture to our world
- Photo suitable for publication (5x7 or greater)
Applications must be postmarked by February 15, 2013, and returned to:
c/o Amanda Jackson
16020 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 300
Chesterfield, MO 63017
or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DCHA Board of Directors will review the applications and will choose a recipient.
- The winner will be recognized during the DCHA Annual Meeting, Friday, April 5, 2013.
- Payment will be made directly to the student upon proof of fall term enrollment.
- A scholarship shall be used in the year following the award. In the event the scholarship is not used within a year's time, the recipient must provide a written request for extension. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture.
For further information, please contact DCHA at 877-HEIFERS or email email@example.com.
[ Click Here to Apply Now ]