Quick Links: Agenda | Registration | Exhibitors & Trade Show | Hotel & Travel | Sponsorship | Resource Guide
The 2014 Dairy Calf and Heifer Association Conference will be held April 1-3, 2014 at the Hyatt on Main in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Watch this page for registration information and conference details.
For the full agenda and additional information, click here for the conference brochure.
2014 DCHA Conference Agenda Overview
want to miss this year’s conference being held on April 1-3, 2014 in Green Bay, Wis. Themed "Be a Driver of Change,”
the conference will highlight the latest practices, technology and research in
the calf and heifer industry – wrapped in the exciting, renewed vision and
identity of DCHA.
TUESDAY, APRIL 1
The first day
of the conference will offer both a track for farm employees and one for owners
and managers. Producers are encouraged to bring their employees to help expose
important personnel to insights that will help them improve their performance
and that of the calves for which they care.
sessions will focus on:
health and housing
- Feed management
Employee sessions will focus:
- Watching for signs of wellness in the calf pens
- Improving employee leadership performance
NEW in 2014! This year, on-farm tours will return with the addition of break-out demonstrations to further illustrate the topics discussed in the classroom presentations.
- Tour Stop A will be one of the largest and most successful calf-focused operations in the Midwest. Featured topics will include ventilation, sanitation and health diagnostic considerations.
- Tour Stop B will focus on what goes in and what comes out. Featured topics will include NIR technology and monitoring dry matter levels in forages, TMR audit and manure management strategies (specific to calf and heifer raising).
A casual networking reception held within the only calf-specific industry trade show will conclude the first day.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2
The second day of the conference will include presentations relevant to all involved in the calf and heifer industry. Sessions will focus on:
- Engaging and positive human resource management
- Use of telemedicine in disease surveillance
- Current events affecting our business and industry
- Annual business luncheon program
The pinnacle of the day will be keynote speaker, Donald Driver as he discusses experiences and challenges he himself had to overcome to be a success. Donald Driver will discuss his experiences from growing up homeless and how he was able to overcome seemingly every obstacle to become the Green Bay Packers all-time leading wide receiver, a Super Bowl Champion, "Dancing with the Stars” winner, 2013 AMVETS Humanitarian of the Year and New York Times bestselling author.
The evening will wind down with a networking reception at Lambeau Field and optional behind-the-scenes tour.
THURSDAY, APRIL 3
The third and final day will begin with a producer panel discussing how and why they seek to increase the value of what they do in raising and caring for dairy calves and heifers.
Industry experts in breeding programs and the use of genetic technology will share thoughts at the conference center before final tours commence.
- Tour Stop C will be a visit to one of the industry’s major artificial insemination and breeding technologies headquarters.
- Tour Stop D will be a full scope dairy operation, featuring on-site demos that will help anyone raising calves and heifers understand the value they put into the young animals leads to a more productive dairy animal.
To register for the conference, register now online or download the registration form. Call 855-400-DCHA, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Special Events Available
Lambeau Field Reception | Wednesday, April 2
Join conference attendees and exhibitors for a casual networking reception! Tickets may be obtained through the registration process.
Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and Lambeau Field Tour | Wednesday, April 2
Experience the Packers' history-rich facility first-hand and see several behind-the-scenes areas during an optional Lambeau Field stadium tour! Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis through the registration process.